Pull-Apart Bacon Garlic Bubble Bread–a Must with a Pasta Dinner!
Ah, yes! Finding a good pasta (like Le Veneziane Pasta which Freedom Delivered is now offering) is a necessity of gluten-free living. I’m so happy that we can provide this product for you and your family. It tastes and behaves just like past should! No second-best here! You will be delighted with the results when you try it.
And nothing is better with a pasta dinner than garlic bread–gluten-free and hot from the oven! I have friends who say adding bacon to anything just makes it that much better. I don’t usually agree but with this recipe, I am a convert! Bacon, garlic, pasta–sounds like dinner will be a winner!
Yes, you do have to plan this a little earlier in the day because it is a yeast bread, but it will be worth it. Add a salad and, perhaps, a glass or red wine! You can have it all.
Here is the easy recipe–go home and make a memorable dinner for you and yours. Enjoy!
- 2¾ cups Baking Free™ gluten-free All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (105-110 degrees)
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 1-2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- dried Italian herbs
- In a 10-inch iron frying pan, fully cook the diced bacon. Drain the bacon on paper towels, but let the rendered grease remain in the frying pan. On medium heat add 1 tablespoon oil and cook the minced garlic until golden. Spoon most of the garlic/oil mixture into a bowl to cool.
- In a mixing bowl of your stand mixer, mix together flour, xanthan gum, instant yeast, sugar and salt.
- With the mixer on low, add the warm water, melted butter, egg and cider vinegar. Mix batter for 3 minutes on medium.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls or small ice cream scoop into the cooled (but still greased) frying pan. I had 14 rounded pieces of dough. Smooth the tops of the rolls with a wet finger.
- Cover the pan with a clean towel and place pan in a warm spot to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Once the rolls have risen, spread the oil, garlic mixture on the top of each roll. Add more oil or butter to have enough for each roll. Sprinkle the bacon on also. Finally sprinkle the Italian herbs over the top of the rolls. Bake for 26-30 minutes. Tops should be golden. Makes 1 pan of bubble rolls about 14 rolls.