Honey, Apple and Oat Scones–Gluten-Free and Delicious
I had a friend drop by and I didn’t have any goodies going at that time. While I was talking with her, I put these together. Let me tell you my house smelled so good! These were simple to put together, using only one apple cored, peeled and chopped. She is used to my baking a lot. She didn’t even expect them to be for us to share!
I love a recipe that comes together this quickly and easily. Be sure to use as much of the honey, butter and cinnamon spread as you can once they come out of the oven. It adds that heavenly touch! You don’t have to wait for company–these are good to have anytime! Enjoy!
- 1⅔ cup Baking Free™ gluten-free All Purpose Flour (for best results, weigh flour; 1⅔ cups = 207g)
- 1 cup Positively Free™ Instant Oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup butter (cut into small pieces and chilled)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large baking apple (cored and coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment. Set aside. Place flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda in food processor. Place butter in food processor and process until crumbly. Add milk and honey while processor is on. Place dough on floured surface. Add the apple bits and knead lightly to distribute in dough.
- Pat dough into a 9 inch circle about 2 inches thick. Cut into 8 wedges. Place on prepared cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together honey spread ingredients. Immediately remove scones from cookie sheet. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons honey spread. Serve warm with remaining honey spread. Makes 8 scones.