Gluten-Free Vanilla Pound Cake–Yum!
Nothing says Summer to me like strawberry shortcake. But gluten-free? Where would I find a pound cake recipe good enough for that? Well, right here! This pound cake recipe makes a large Bundt cake so you can serve lots of people. And it tastes simply heavenly!
It mixes quickly and easily. It bakes up to a beautiful golden brown. I had just a little left over so I froze the last 2 or 3 slices. Now that I have fresh blueberries, I guess I’ll just have to thaw them and serve that too!
I know if you try this recipe, you will have a new family favorite! Enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups Baking Free™ gluten-free All Purpose Flour (more to dust pan)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan; sprinkle with gf flour. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in bowl for stand mixer. Beat at medium speed until creamy, scraping bowl often. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum and baking powder in a bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients alternatively with the milk to the sugar/butter mixture beating at low speed until well mixed. Scrape sides as needed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely on baking rack.