Glazed, Fruit-Filled Drop Biscuits and Gluten-Free!
These are fun, fast to make and use fruit preserves for the filling. I enjoy making this recipe with little bakers. They don’t seem to mind getting the preserves on their fingers or faces!
This recipe uses the homemade baking mix as a base–so you know it is a quick recipe. Also it has the basic recipe for a drizzle glaze. When I get to bake this with the younger ones, I never know if more preserves get on the drop biscuits or on the helpers! All good fun! Give it a try and laugh a lot–that is what summer is all about!
- 2 cups homemade baking mix (recipe posted June 29)
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup butter (at room temperature)
- ⅔ cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fruit preserves (any flavor)
- ⅔ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. In medium bowl for a stand mixer on low mix baking mix, xanthan gum, butter and granulated sugar. Slowly add milk until dough forms. continue to mix on low or medium for 2 minutes.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 3 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Make a shallow well in the center of each with the tip of a spoon and fill with 1 teaspoon of preserves.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking rack.
- In a small bowl. mix all of the glaze ingredients together with a spoon until smooth. Stir in additional water, a little at a time, if necessary to have glaze to drizzle on biscuit. When the biscuits are cooled, drizzle with glaze.