Easy French Apple Pie made with Homemade, Gluten-Free Baking Mix
This is a great dessert recipe for apple season. So easy to make and it is finished in about 45 minutes–so you can set it up to bake while you have dinner. Nothing is better that a fresh, homemade gluten-free dessert made with apples!
I can’t stress how helpful it is to have the homemade, gluten-free baking mix in my pantry or freezer. I can put together a dessert like this in minutes if we have unexpected company or just want to celebrate a family event. This baking mix is also used for many easy main dishes which I will be sharing with you over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, look up the post and recipe for the baking mix so you have it available for your meals or desserts.
Here is the recipe for the easy French apple pie. Let me know how it works for you! Enjoy!
- 3 cups sliced, peeled apples (I used 3 large Granny Smith apples)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ homemade gluten-free baking mix (recipe posted June 29)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup homemade gluten-free baking mix
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons firm butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch glass pie plate, In a medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place onto pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir remaining filling ingredients until well blended. Pour over the apple mixture in pie plate. In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Cut and serve. Makes 6 servings. Store any remaining pie in the refrigerator.