Cookie Butter Mousse–a Cool Summer Dessert
I am having fun finding recipes that us the gluten-free cookie butter that I posted about on July 21. Recipes are all over the internet and having the gluten-free spread already in my refrigerator inspires me to use it! I hope you are doing this too. If you find a recipe you especially like, share it with me. You could be a guest post on the blog. I’d love that!
Yesterday’s recipe, while not hard, was long with lots of planning and execution to make it work. This one is simple. Even a child could do it. I hope you are bringing in the kids to help in the kitchen. Once they are involved in the preparation, they may understand the gluten-free kitchen concept. Everyone ends up in my kitchen, kids or adults alike, and they all get put to work. I think it enhances the fun. Here is a fun recipe that can be made just after lunch for dinner. And the kids can help! Enjoy!
- 4oz cream cheese (half a package)
- ½ cup cookie butter spread (recipe posted July 21)
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8oz Cool Whip (1 container not frozen)
- crushed Speculaas cookies or chopped almonds
- In the bowl of a mixer combine cream cheese, cookie butter spread and milk until smooth.
- Slowly beat in powdered sugar, then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spoon into 6 small dishes. Chill for at least 3 hours. Just before serving, garnish with cookie crumbs or almonds, if desired.