Breadcrumb Coating for Oven Baked Chicken
You know the brand I mean! We used to use that store-bought coating, but its just not gluten-free. And I miss the convenience. This recipe can be made when you have too much gf bread on hand and freeze it until you are ready to make the chicken for dinner. That is a new level of gf convenience.
This take five minutes, maybe. Remember if you are going to store it, don’t add the oil until you are ready to use the coating. It could spoil on you–and we don’t want that. If I don’t use it the day I make it, I mark the directions on the storage container on freezer tape to help me remember. Here’s to a quick, gluten-free, crispy oven baked chicken dinner.
- 2 cups gf bread crumbs (especially from Easy Bread recipe)
- 2 cups Baking Free gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil (I add this when I use the mix so I can store the dry mix easily)
- Place all the ingredients except the oil into a large stand mixer bowl and mix at lowest speed.
- To keep for later use: Pour into a sealable container or jar. This can be frozen or stored in the cupboard for about a month. When you are ready to use--remember to add the oil and mix to distribute the oil throughout.
- To use now: Drizzle the oil over the mixture and combine evenly. Prepare the chicken by dampening the chicken pieces. Place about half of the mixture in a disposable plastic food storage bag. Place 2-3 pieces of chicken in the bag and shake to coat. Place prepared pieces on baking tray. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven at 375 degreesF for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Chicken should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F.