Banana Oat Squares
With only 4 main ingredients and no added sugar, these are popular snack squares. Don’t tell the kids how easy they are to make and how healthy they are. Just make them and put them in the school lunches. You won’t get any back. I make them often and leave them the large squares. Some recipes suggest you cut them in half into bars. I guess that would be good for smaller kids. Either way, these are guaranteed to disappear!
I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine does.
- 2 Large very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Positively Free Instant Oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dates (chopped, pitted, dried)
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Nutmeg or cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9'X 9" square baking dish.
- Peel the bananas and mash the fruit throughly in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the vanilla. Add the oats and combine.
- Stir in the salt, dates and nuts. Mixture will be thick.
- Pat the mixture evenly into the baking pan. If desired sprinkle the top lightly with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges begin to crisp. Remove from oven and place on rack to cool.
- When the pan is mostly cool, cut into 9 squares and enjoy. Store leftover squares at room temperature.