Baking Mix Quick Peach Cobbler
One of my most popular recipes is the homemde, gluten-free baking mix (http://gfbakingfree.com/homemade-gluten-free-baking-mix/). Many women have written that they like having the convenient mix on the pantry shelf. The baking mix is useful for biscuits, impossible pies and so many other breads, meals or treats. Having made it yourself, you know for sure what is in it, and that it is gluten-free. Everything you make with it will be gluten-free too. No chance of exposure to unwanted ingredients.
I find that I make the basic mix about every 6 weeks or so. In the meantime, I enjoy being able to round out meals with impromptu additions, such as, fresh biscuits. Recently, I tried this peach cobbler. I love peaches, but February is not quite peach season. This dessert is made with canned sliced peaches. An item usually on my shelves, so I can make it anytime! I really enjoy recipes that have ingredients that are on my shelves most of the time–no special shopping, and I make a mental note about these recipes just in case I have surprise guests. This is so quick and easy, you won’t want to wait for company. I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe! Happy gluten-free baking!
- 1 cup homemade, gluten-free baking mix (be sure to have only small clumps of mix--use fingers to break clumps apart)
- 1 cup cold milk
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- ¼ to ½ cup sugar
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, well drained
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together baking mix, milk and nutmeg. Stir in butter until blended. Pour mixture into 8 X 8-inch ungreased baking pan.
- Stir together the sugar and peaches. Spoon over batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden. Makes 6 servings.